The Teams in the Nurturing Ministries Stream are as follows: Prayer, Developing Worship, Music, Kids & Teens, Young Adults and World Mission. The remit for each team is detailed below.
- To foster and support the prayer life of the Congregation.
- To organise regular opportunities for collective prayer – prayer meetings, vigils etc.
- To identify, develop and promote new ways of communicating prayer needs and requests within the Church family
Developing Worship Team
- To support the Minister in discerning, developing and delivering the worship life of The Steeple, including exploring new expressions of worship.
- To ensure that Worship remains contemporary and relevant to the needs of the Congregation.
- To prayerfully plan and lead the musical praise within The Steeple.
- To foster the musical talents within the Steeple fellowship.
- To ensure that musical praise remains fresh and of a high standard, with adequate preparation.
- To ensure that appropriate musicians are rota’d to lead and support praise each Sunday morning.
Kids & Teens Team
- To foster the important priority of kids and teens (0-16) within The Steeple, & to encourage sustained prayer for them.
- To prayerfully ensure that the kids and teens within our fellowship, and those who visit, are loved and nurtured.
- To prayerfully support the parents and carers of the kids and teens within the Church family.
- To ensure that a really welcoming and attractive package of ‘age appropriate’ activities and support for kids and teens is available each Sunday morning.
- To ensure that the specific needs of our ‘older’ young people (4th – 6th School Years) are met within a ‘Youth Fellowship’ model, working together with other Churches if possible.
- To recruit, train and support appropriate volunteers to work with Young People on Sunday Mornings and at other times.
- To foster, plan, prepare and deliver monthly ‘Messy Church’ Services as part of The Steeple’s core activities.
Young Adults Team
- To prayerfully identify, welcome and support Students, including those from overseas, and other young adults who worship with The Steeple and to help them integrate into our Church family.
World Mission Team
- To foster and co-ordinate a focus on and support for individuals and organisations working in Christ’s name overseas.
- To prayerfully discern which individuals and organisations to highlight and support.
- To ensure that information and prayer requests are made available and highlighted to the congregation.
- To plan and organise fund-raising opportunities, as appropriate.
- To organise special events and services as appropriate. • To advise the Kirk Session on the distribution of funds given to the Steeple International Fund.
- To act as the liaison with World Mission Council, Presbytery World Mission initiatives, Tearfund and other Christian organisations working overseas.