The Teams in the Local Mission Ministries Stream are as follows: Community Engagement, Café Church, Alpha, Connections Café, Parish Nursing. The remit for each team is detailed below.
Community Engagement Team
- To organise and develop ‘Open Church’ times during the week.
- To support, mentor and manage the Steeple Community Engagement Worker.
- To organise, advertise and run regular Alpha and/or other structured Outreach Courses in the Steeple.
- To foster a culture of involvement and prayerful support for Alpha Courses and other such outreach within the Steeple Church family.
Café Church Team
- To organise and lead a regular, informal, café-style midweek evening meeting for those interested in learning more about Christian faith.
Connections Café Team
- To offer friendship and support to those who have moved to Dundee from other parts of the world, in particular those who are refugees.
- To support language learning for those who seek this.
- To encourage and facilitate cross-cultural and inter-faith understanding.
- To work closely with other City Centre congregations, Statutory and Third Sector organisations to deliver these aims.
Parish Nursing Team
- To deliver all aspects of Parish Nursing @ The Steeple.